WHAT HAPPENS AT BUSH PLAY….for children and for us?
Nature’s magic, from the child’s perspective, and from ours.
- slow down; we walk, talk, be still and watch
- listen to the bush and to each other
- celebrate the wonder of nature and spend time connecting to the earth, the trees, the creatures, the weather, the sky and ourselves; connect to country
- get muddy if we want to
- play together or alone in unstructured and uninterrupted play in natural environments
- move over undulating hills and open paddocks, exploring native bushland and our woodlands
- will visit the billabong when there’s water in it, the creek, the clay pit near the dam, and our mudslides
- sit and breathe in the expansive views.